There are many ways to connect with others at Barnesville First United Methodist, but one the simplest ways is to serve as a volunteer at either the 11:00 traditional service or 9:00 informal service.
Some ways you can serve God and meet others at the 9:00 am informal worship service include:
- bring breakfast snacks for the pre-service gathering
- join the Crossroads praise team and lead the congregation in worship,
- share Bible stories with the children in Children's Worship
- help with Pastor Cyndi's crazy visuals, anything from broken plate crosses to 12 foot bars,
- operate the AV system (easy to do if you know PowerPoint),
- collect the offering,
- assist with communion.
Some ways you can serve at the traditional service on Sundays include
- serving as an usher,
- serving as a liturgist (leading the Call to Worship, Creed, and Opening Prayer),
- serving as an acolyte (bringing in light of Christ),
- leading the congregation in worship by singing with the Chancel Choir or playing with the Handbell choir,
- telling Bible stories in Children's Worship
- or assisting with communion.
Type the content for this section here. This is just example text to show you what it will look like when you enter text content into this section. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section. Once you click into this section, you will see the filler text disappear, and you can begin typing your real content. We’ve simply put in filler text in this area. No need to get caught up in the actual content of this body text, we've typed meaningless sentences.