There are many ways to connect with others at Barnesville First United Methodist, but one the simplest ways is to serve as a volunteer at either the 11:00 traditional service or 9:00 informal service. It's easy to email the church office with any of the ideas below. Don't see how you want to serve? Take a look at the more complete list of 2020 opportunities to serve.
Some ways you can serve God and meet others at the 9:00 am informal worship service include:
- bring breakfast snacks for the pre-service gathering
- join the Crossroads praise team and lead the congregation in worship,
- share Bible stories with the children in Children's Worship
- help with Pastor Cyndi's crazy visuals, anything from broken plate crosses to 12 foot bars,
- operate the AV system (easy to do if you have used PowerPoint),
- collect the offering,
- assist with communion.
Some ways you can serve at the traditional service on Sundays include
- serving as an usher,
- serving as a liturgist (leading the Call to Worship, Creed, and Opening Prayer),
- serving as an acolyte (bringing in light of Christ),
- leading the congregation in worship by singing with the Chancel Choir or playing with the Handbell choir,
- telling Bible stories in Children's Worship
- or assisting with communion.
When you serve with the children, you form relationships that make a difference for a lifetime. You can
- volunteer monthly as a story teller during worship. This can be at either the 9 am or 11 am service.
- lead Sunday School. We have a great curriculum, and it doesn't require a lot of preparation. What's most important is your presence.
- volunteer in the nursery once a month.
Read more about the children's ministry here.